MARIGOLD


This soap doesn't have any fragrance or colourants! I am starting to believe that it's all the synthetic additives in the soap that usually make my skin dry and itchy. This recipe has a very high amount of coconut and the Soap Calc gives 18 for cleansing. Still, this soap doesn't make my hands dry at all. Another thing I like about this recipe is that the soap rinses off very well. I originally made this for my DH who doesn't want anything sticky or creamy on his skin.

Recipe:
270g (30%) Olive oil
270g (30%) Apricot Kernal oil
243g (27%) Coconut oil
117g (13%) Shea butter

280ml water
120g NaOH (=10% superfat)

Calendula (Marigold) petals

Method:
Oven hot process

Comments

  1. This was a nice soap, leaves the skin very silky. I might leave out the petals though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! For some reason I seem to be obsessed with calendula petals :) You are probably right that this one would be better without them.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment